Be warmer and better off this winter!
- Do you ever feel cold in your home?
- Is your home damp or is there evidence of mould in any of the rooms?
- Is your home draughty?
- Does the cost of heating your home affect how much you use the heating?
- Would you like to check if you receive all the money and benefits you’re entitled to?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then we may be able to help. Carers of East Lothian has secured funding from Scottish Power Energy People Trust for an Energy Advisor and Welfare Rights worker who intends to help the carers of East Lothian become wealthier!
We can check your benefit entitlement and help you to make applications for any others you may be entitled to, such as Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance, Pension Credit, Housing and Council Tax Benefit.
In addition to helping you increase your household income, we can help you reduce the fuel you use to heat and run your home by providing advice about
- How to access Energy Efficiency grants for insulation and heating systems
- Switching to a cheaper fuel tariff or supplier
- How to draughtproof and insulate your home
- How to use your existing heating system so you get the best out of it
- What to do if you get into debt to your fuel supplier
- How to make your payments more affordable
We can give you general advice over the phone or visit you at home to check your benefit situation and help with appropriate applications, and make recommendations about how to make your home more fuel-efficient. Contact:Lisa McIlwraith
0131 653 1059